Writing and posting an article on your blog is the easy part. It is having the ability to write content in a way that connects with your readers that is tricky. Every writer hopes that everything they publish online will catch on like wildfire, get thousands of “likes”, be Re Tweeted by others and get tons comments on the article.
The truth is that most articles may get a few likes and social shares and a few comments. What can you do to engage your readers more effectively?
You need to show your readers some love. Here’s how:
- Thank them for engaging
- Actually take part in the conversation going on in the comments section
- Give them a shout out on social media
- If you like a comment, ask them to write a guest post for your blog
- Give them incentive to engage – Everyone loves free stuff
- Ask for their input
- Answer their questions
- Re tweet and Like their activity on your website
- Run a fun contest
- Recognize top commenters
There is no shortage of ways to show your readers some love. These are also effective ways to boost the engagement levels on your blog and website.
Give your readers some love year round and you will be well on your way to getting some love back from your readers this Valentine’s Day.