As a small business owner or sole proprietor it can be difficult to stay on top of everything. And, let’s face it, when you get really busy the first thing that you need to address is the tasks that are bring in the money. Without them your customers you would be out of business. What this means is that the other “support” tasks such as blogging and creating content for your website tend to get pushed down your priority list.
Who is going to spend hours writing blog posts when they could be spending time on other things that make them money, right? Well, the truth is that your blog does help make you money. While it does so indirectly, it helps to engage people and bring new and potential customers to your website. So, even if you only have 30 minutes per week to spend on your blog, you can still spin out a few posts.
By creating posts that require little thought and research.
NOTE: This post took me less than 10 minutes to write, edit, and post online for you to read. So, it can be done.
Here are some of the most effective ways to create content if you are short on time:
- Create a list: Offer up some tips, how to’s, and best practices in the form of a list.
- Answer a question: Take a question that you often get from your customers and turn it into a blog post.
- Expand on a point from a previous article: Take a conversation point from a previous post and turn it into its own post by going into more detail.
- Provide a commentary on current events in your industry: Take a news story that is related to your business and provide some commentary on the issue. This is also a great way to engage users and start up a conversation.
- Find a guest blogger: If you don’t have the time to write the posts yourself, place an ad on Craigslist or Kijiji and ask for someone to write a guest post. In exchange for the articles, you can let them ad a brief bio and link back to their website or blog.