If one of your resolutions was to improve your blog content this year and finally give it the time it deserves, then you are in luck. This is what this post is about.
Here are a number of ways that you can quickly improve your blog, engage more users, and start to build a larger following:
- Add internal links: Internal links are a great way to not only boost your SEO efforts; it is also a great way to send readers to other relevant content that is related to your blog post. You can direct them to a specific page on your website, send them to your Facebook page or link to an article that you read online that you think will provide some extra context for the topic you are writing about.
- Add sub headings: Breaking up your content into smaller chunks of text is always a good idea. Sub headers are not only a great way to do this, they also make your content more scan-able and will guide your readers to the information they are looking for more quickly.
- Get to the point: Tired of reading a few paragraphs before an article gets to the point, so are the people that read your blog. Get to the point and edit out the fluff.
- Create a list: Creating a list (just like this one) is what most readers want. Lists are easy to read, they make their point, and they are more likely to be shared via social media (Don’t forget to share this list!)
- Add some visual appeal: Everyone loves pictures and graphics. So, add a few images that are related to your topic to break up text.
- Try a new format: Since it’s a new year, why not try a new format. I recently recorded a podcast for my last blog post. It was actually a lot of fun and not as difficult as I thought. And, if you are adventurous, try recording a video podcast with your web cam or even your smartphone.
- Don’t forget about the call to action: Many people get so caught up with writing their blog post that they forget to add a call to action at the end of the post. It doesn’t have to be complex. All you have to do is ask your readers to perform a desired action (i.e. visit your website, connect on social media, or provide a comment below, etc.)
What are your goals for your blog in 2013? And, what actions are you going to perform to take your blog to the next level?