This post is sponsored by Grammarly. All opinions and content is 100% mine.
I use Grammarly’s plagiarism checker because stealing is only rewarded on the Basketball court.
There is no doubt that editing is one of the most important, yet most overlooked parts of the writing process. Editing is the step that allows you to put the final touch on your content before you post it for the entire world to see. The last thing you want to happen as a freelance writer is to receive emails from people pointing out the errors in your website content or blog posts.
You also need to use online tools to ensure that your content is 100% original and plagiarism free. No one wants to spend time writing a great piece of content only to fail to source it properly, find out it includes plagiarism, and not have it indexed by Google as a result.
8 Reasons Why You Cannot Overlook Editing your Work
Editing is part of the writing process. For this reason alone, you cannot overlook it. The following are 8 reasons why you cannot overlook editing your work:
- You need to make sure that your content is error free
- Content with errors will hurt your credibility
- Editing ensures that you create high quality and unique content
- Editing helps you find those pesky typos that are not always found by word processors
- You can use the editing process to improve your statements and sentences so that your content makes more of an impact.
- Editing allows you to expand on important points and add additional insights
- Editing allows you to take a look at your work with a fresh set of eyes
- It allows you to review things like word choice and the use of titles and heading
What do you think?
How much time and effort do you put into the editing process? What online tools do you use to ensure that you online content is polished and ready to post?