Creating fresh content can be a challenge sometimes, especially when your search ranking depends on it. Google is increasingly putting greater importance on the creation of fresh content and are using it as one of their search ranking factors. Therefore, companies that continuously add fresh content to their website will be in a better position than other than sites that are static and only add new information on a periodic basis.
While having a list of topics, conducting brainstorming sessions, and a content strategy are all ideal options for content development, sometimes you just get stuck in a creative rut. When this happens you need something to fall back on as part of your content development strategy for your website and blog.
Here are some ways that you can generate content without having to do it all yourself:
- Guest blog posts: This is a great way to generate content. Ask people to submit
blog topics that fit within your content strategy. Provide them with a topic list or keyword and allow them to provide a link to their site in exchange for the content.
- Comments: Post links, videos, and other multimedia content to recent news stories and ask your follows and website users to offer their comments on the topic.
- Reviews: Post a new product or service and ask your users to provide a review and their experience.
- Testimonials: Asking for and providing testimonials are a great way to not only generate content but also get backlinks to your website.
- Interviews: Interviewing other people within your industry is a great way to create engaging content that your users will not only want to read but also share on social media.
You don’t have to do it all by yourself. Leverage your network and ask your follows and website users to participate in your websites content development strategy.