Google Places allows you to create a 100% FREE business profile that will appear on google maps. If you already have a google account it is as simple as going to the google places website and logging in. Follow the steps provided:
- Add your business location
- Add your business contact information (email, phone, website)
- Add your company logo
- Add a short profile that describes your business
- Add your business to the appropriate category
Once your profile is created, it will not be activated until your go through the verification process either by phone or by mail.
Your Google Places profile not only allows you to be visible on google maps, it also help make your company more visible in search results. The listing makes it that much more likely that people will contact you, especially if you are in close proximity. And, users will easily be able to get directions to your location.
Your ranking in Places is dependant on the completeness of your profile and the appearance of your profile on other sites online such as your website, social media accounts, and other business directories. Therefore, it is very important that you have the correct information about your business all over the web.
If you want to make your business more visible, get your business on Google Places today!
- How To Drive Traffic To Your Listing On Google Maps (businessinsider.com)
- How to Optimize Your Business for Local Search (dailyseotip.com)