There is no doubt that social media continues to become a more important strategy for inbound marketing, SEO and promoting your content online. Its engaging and continues to provider marketers with an effective way to connect with customers.
Recently I came across a great infographic titled Social Media Usage Statistics, which outlines some interesting and noteworthy statistics about social media usage.
Key points from the Infographic
Here are some of the key statistics about social media usage in 2014:
- Almost 75% of adults that use the internet using social networking accounts
- Facebook has more than 1.2 billion monthly users
- Twitter has 243 monthly users
- Google + have more than 400 million monthly users
- More than 70% of users access social media from a mobile device
- User aged between 18-29 have the highest percentage of users at 89%, with 30-49 age group at 72%, 50-60 at 60%, and 65+ at 45% usage.
Check out the Infographic below:
Source: IDF Marketing