There is no doubt that freelancing has its peaks and valleys. The key to a successful freelance business is to minimize the valleys and maximize the peaks – easier said than done!
One of the best ways to stay on track is to be aware of the things that can hurt your level of production – Facebook, Twitter, Email, your work environment, etc. – and find ways to maximize your time. For me, it’s always about staying consistent and using a number of great tools to help me get the most out of the day. Every business is different and this is why you need to try out a number of efficiency tools to see which ones work best for you.
Personally, I use:
- Freshbooks for accounting and invoicing
- Insightly for task and project management
- Dropbox and Google Drive for document storage and management
- Hootsuite for social media management
- Gmail for email and communications
- WordPress to manage my Blog
- Agency Analytics for marketing and SEO analytics
Don’t try and be a jack of all trades. Get help from other professionals as required and invest in a number of good tools to help make life easier for you as a freelancer.
Freshbooks has put together the following infographic titled, “The Freelancer’s Guide to the Galaxy” to offer up some advice about some of the things you can expect on your journey as a freelance professional.