The internet is connected like a giant spiderweb. Each path is built using links from one page to another. It’s how search engine spiders crawl the web, and it’s how users discover new content. Links are important, and they always have been. Even so, many content creators will lose sight of these important elements in the sea of other tasks they have on a daily basis.
Today we’re going to rekindle the fire for link building and look at why it’s such an important element of any content marketing strategy. After that we’ll look at an infographic to help you integrate this important regime into your daily routine.
6 Reasons Why You Should Be Building Links Now
When it comes to online tasks, the question is always what’s in it for me? Well, here are six reasons why link building should be on your radar if you want your new blog to take off:
- Building Links improves your visibility on organic search results
- Backlinks contribute to a number of different ranking factors
- Building links increases brand exposure
- It contributes to other marketing activities
- Links build new relationships with influencers
- Building Links shows Google you are a trusted source of information
By increasing the number of backlinks pointing to your site, you are building more than just a profile, you’re building a reputation and a future for yourself. Let’s find out how to make this happen.
How to Start Building Links Today (Infographic)
Next we’ll look at an infographic that is designed to give you the tools, skills, and strategies to start building a strong and varied backlinks profile. Let us know how it benefited you in the comments below!