There is a reason why blogging has exploded. Because blogging works! However, there are still many companies, both large and small, that think that a blogging strategy is still either not worth the effort or is not the right fit for their business. This could not be further from the truth.
If you do not have a blog, you are not maximizing your full SEO and social media potential
Blogging facts that businesses need to know
Here are some stats and fact that make the case for implementing a blogging component into your online marketing strategy:
- Blogging has become proven strategy that helps to assist and generate more leads. And, blogging costs significantly less in terms of cost per lead versus other outbound marketing strategies.
- Companies that blog on a consistent basis experience more website traffic
- Companies that blog regularly generate more inbound links
- Blogs generate in increased number of indexed pages in search engines
- Almost two-thirds of companies that blog have received new business as a result
- Internet users are increasingly spending more time on blogs then on other social networking sites
Blogging’s impact on SEO and social media
Blogging is one of the most effective strategies when it comes to SEO. Doing so on a regular basis ensures that websites are generating high quality, keyword rich content on a regular basis that can be easily shared on social networking websites. All you have to do is add a couple of social networking buttons on your blog and readers will have the ability to share your blog and spread its presence online.
Your blog content will also help your business build a later social media following. Therefore, it is important to cross promote your blog across all of your social networks. Tweet a link on twitter, post a link on your Facebook and Google + page, and share your post with your contacts on LinkedIn
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss how your company can implement a blog and develop a blogging strategy.