Internet marketing can be scary for small business owners, solopreneurs, and anyone else for that matter. There is so much going on and things change at such a rapid pace that is becomes difficult to understand where you should be spending your time if you want to increase the visibility of your website or blog.
- Do you focus on link building?
- Do you focus on content?
- What about all those SEO tools you hear about?
- What strategies are most effective?
- What strategies should I avoid if you don’t want to risk getting penalized by Google?
SEO and internet marketing can be confusing for small businesses
We hear about the need for SEO, SEO tools and strategies all the time, but if you are someone that is new to these concepts that doesn’t really mean much too you. Rather than trying to fight through all the noise, read all the email newsletters you signed up for to learn about SEO strategies, it is important for you to keep things simple.
Focus on a tried and tested SEO strategy – Blogging!
The best way to keep things simple for the good of your website (and your sanity) is to focus your time and effort on blogging.
When you factor in the impact, ease of use, other benefit for your website, blogging is your best and most straight forward SEO strategy. Blogging is at the core of any internet marketing strategy and any effective content development strategy.
9 Benefits of blogging as an SEO Tool
Here are some of the many benefits of focusing on blogging as your main SEO strategy:
- It ensures that you are creating regular content for your website.
- Google loves fresh content – your blog will give Google lots of it!
- Google will index your posts, which can help to boost your search engine ranking.
- Blogging helps to increase traffic by attracting new visitors. It also gives people a reason to come back to your website regularly.
- Blogging boosts engagement. People can comment on your posts and conversations can occur organically on your website.
- It gives your users content that they can share via social media.
- Blogging creates automatic social media content. In this sense you can kill two birds with one stone. Plus, when you share your posts, it creates greater visibility for your website and your brand.
- You have the ability to link your posts to your website.
- It gives people a reason to link to your website and helps you build back links.
What is the biggest SEO benefit that you have found your blog offers?