Before I get into my post I just wanted to let you know that today’s post is in conjunction with the Blog-A-Licious Blog Tour. This is a fantastic blog hop that brings together bloggers of all genres, backgrounds and locations. A truly innovative idea that creates
community among writers, bloggers, and readers!
In today’s hop, the blog featured before Nolan Wilson Freelance is 40blogspot found at http://mumugb.blogspot.com/.
The blog featured after Nolan Wilson Freelance is The Riddle of Writing found at http://www.deborahswift.blogspot.com/.
Please take a few minutes to read some of the other blogs. A full list is appended at the end of this post.
Writing to me is my passion and also my career. I fell in love with writing while in high school. I was one of those kids that actually enjoyed writing essays. While I may have
been teased a bit about it then, I am glad that I didn’t let these criticisms affect my decision to be a writer. My skills are now in demand.
Writing to me is structure. The more I write, the more I discover my geeky passion for creating well structured content. I love the structure of writing. This is perhaps why I tend to default to nonfiction writing. I love every step of the process from brainstorming ideas, conducting initial research, creating outlines, and editing the final draft.
Writing to me is continuous learning. I strive to continuously improve my craft and look for new ways to express my ideas and opinions. Relying on one writing style or format limits creativity. I always look for new ways to approach standard pieces of writing.
Writing to me is a challenge. If you are not challenging yourself with new projects, new topics, and new concepts then you are not reaching your potential. My personal challenge is to find creative ways to write nonfiction content that sets itself apart in an online world that is saturated with below average content.
Writing to me is an underrated skill. While most people know how to write, there are very few that can write engaging and persuasive content that people want to read. Writing clean and concise content that is filled with valuable insights is what separates professional writers from the crowd.
Writing to me is powerful. Writers have the ability to reach large audiences. Writers can influence people with their words, shape public opinion, educate the masses, and leave their mark on society. What you write has more of an impact than you think!
This is what writing is to me. I look forward to reading about your perspective on writing!
Also, don’t forget to check out these great blogs, leave a comment, like their page, and share them with your friends.
1. Paula – http://hardlineselfhelp.com/
2. Stuart – http://bornstoryteller.wordpress.com/
3. Karen – http://karenvwasylowski.blogspot.com/
4. DK Levick – http://dklevick.wordpress.com/
5. Shannon – http://reflectionandreview.com/
6. Corinne – http://www.everydaygyaan.com/
7. Sonia – http://soniarumzi.com/
8. Sulekha – http://sulekkha.blogspot.com/
9. Dora – http://peacefrompieces.blogspot.com/
10. Sarah – http://sarahbutland.com/blog/
11. Marcia – http://insidejourneys.com/
12. Roy – http://royd-spiltmilk.blogspot.com/
13. Janki – http://janukulkarni.blogspot.com/
14. Tina – http://tinahoggatt.wordpress.com/
15. Thelma – http://widowsphere.blogspot.com/
16. Muriel – http://mumugb.blogspot.com/
17. Nolan – http://nolanwilsonfreelance.com/blog
18. Deborah – http://www.deborahswift.blogspot.com/
19. Jennifer – http://remembernewvember.blogspot.com/
20. Grace – http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com/
21. Dora – http://blogaliciousblogs.blogspot.com/